Wednesday 8 March 2017

Easy Capsicum Sabzi for Chapathi | Capsicum Stirfry | Kudamilagai Poriyal


I have been cooking and trying some really good recipes and bakes for a while now. But Dhruv and my Cuemath classes keeps me busy and away from the blog for a long while. I do regret that but when I think of the beautiful times and memories I'm making with Dhruv, I feel that's ok :) This time can never be retrieved and I do not want to regret that in my future. You do agree with me on that right :) 

So, you all know that I try on a lot of veggies and mostly sticky to 'easy to make' and 'tasty ones'! And in that regard, this is a very easy stir fry with capsicum and tastes absolutely awesome with phulkas or rotis. It is a bit sweet as sugar is added to retain the color of the capsicum. You can omit it if you do not like that taste. Easy to make and even one who doesn't eat capsicum is sure to like this simple sabzi :)


Recipe Source: Ma


Serves: 2 persons


I Took: 

Preparation Time: 10 minutes


Cooking Time: 15 minutes


I Used:

Capsicum-1 no (medium - big sized)
Onion-1 no (medium sized)
Oil-2 tbsp
Mustard -½ tsp
Cumin Seeds-½ tsp
Red Chilly powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-¼ tsp
Sugar-½ tsp
Soya sauce (optional)-½ tsp (substitute with lemon juice if need)
Salt-As needed


The Way:

1. Rinse the capsicum in water and cut them into two. De-seed the capsicum and remove the white inner portion (optional). Then cut the capsicum into cubes. Also cut the onion into cubes

2. In a pan heat oil. Splutter mustard and cumin seeds. Take care not to burn the cumin seeds

3. Add the cubed onions and salt and saute for 3-4 minutes till they turn transparent















4. Now add the red chilly powder and turmeric powder and saute for 2-3 minutes till the raw smell of goes off

5. Now add the capsicum and saute. Leave it for a minute or two. 
















6. Then add the sugar and give a nice stir. 

7. Close the pan and cook till the capsicum is done (another minute or so). It will not take long for the capsicum to cook. It is better to leave it crunchy as the flavor and taste is best then















8. Before switching off the flame, add the soya sauce (can substitute with lemon juice) and give a quick stir. The sabzi is ready to be devoured !
















Cheers,
Chitz

2 comments:

  1. Easy peasy and so tasty too, Chitz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really not a fan of capsicum, but would have this vegetable for a change. Unfortunately the girls are so hard to please and they would not even touch this... :( The sabzi looks really delicious...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by !! I am really happy that you take time to let me know how you feel :-)